The Institute works closely with the Institute for Research of Crimes against Humanity and International Law University of Sarajevo. Some of the Bosnian American Genocide Institute and Education Center’s planned activities include:
- preparing, organizing and executing scientific, research and educational projects and programs in relation to the study of genocide, and other forms of crimes against humanity and international law;
- planning, programming, and organizing conferences, lectures, meetings and exhibitions on topics relating to the study of genocide and other forms of crimes against humanity and international law;
- disseminating studies and research conducted by the Institute for the Research of Crimes Against Humanity and International Law of the Sarajevo University throughout the United States;
- following the publishing activities in the territory of North America and scientific and professional literature of interest and relevance for the operation of the Institute;
- conducting activities that promote multiculturalism and the integration of different ethnic groups in the various and diverse neighborhoods of Chicago; and
- preparing outreach programs that promote the elimination of prejudice and discrimination among the culturally, ethnically and religiously diverse neighborhoods of Chicago.